Orange Glaze Cake
Recipe from Eat Good 4 Life
Share a slice of the Sunshine State with family and friends. Florida’s Natural Orange Juice in the glaze and batter gives this cake a delightful citrus flavor.
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup not-from-concentrate Florida’s Natural Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unrefined sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons not-from-concentrate Florida’s Natural Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
Orange Glaze Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a square cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, use a wire whisk to combine eggs, juice, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and oil. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the almonds over the top. Bake until golden, 30-40 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 20-30 minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, zest, and orange juice, and pour over the cake.