Orange Slices in Caramel Sauce
Submitted by Donna Vos, Waverly Growers Cooperative
Every now and then, even a simple fresh Florida orange deserves to get dressed up. We love this dessert as much as our kids do.
- 4 large oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, syrup and cream to a boil.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Whisk in butter and cook for 1 more minute.
- Arrange orange slices on individual dessert plates and spoon warm caramel sauce on top.
- Sauce may be stored in the refrigerator and reheated before serving.