Orange Crystallized Ginger Baked Fish
This is a terrific low-calorie recipe using Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice and crystallized ginger. It’s a little spicy, a tad exotic and totally delicious.
- 2 tablespoons Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 1 piece fresh fish (flounder, cod or similar)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger (found at health food stores or bigger grocery stores)
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade or jam
- Pinch of five-spice powder or oriental seasoning
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Mix all the ingredients together in bowl; thin or thicken, to taste. Transfer half of the mixture into a shallow glass rectangular baking dish or casserole dish. Save the other half for later in the recipe. Lay fish flat over the sauce. Baste lightly with pastry brush. Pour the remainder of the liquid ingredients over fish. Cover with foil or casserole top.
- Bake at 350° F for about 12 minutes (depending on the thickness and size of the fish; it’s better to underbake it than to add a few more minutes and overcook it).
- Serve with wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.