Orange Herb Roasted Turkey
The perfect hint of orange and herbs makes this melt-in-your-mouth turkey one that will melt their hearts. An ideal centerpiece for any holiday gathering.
- One 14-pound turkey
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 ounces Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Rinse turkey well and pat dry. Season cavity generously with salt and pepper. Place onion, orange wedges, rosemary and thyme in cavity.
- Pull turkey neck skin to back and fasten with a skewer. Twist wing tips under the back.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush skin lightly with oil. Cover loosely with foil. Roast in a 325° F oven for 3 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer registers 160° F.
- Stir together orange juice, the chicken broth and the melted margarine. Remove foil; brush the orange mixture over bird. Continue roasting, uncovered, until a meat thermometer registers 180° F, brushing some of the remaining orange mixture over the turkey every 15 minutes. When the turkey is done, the drumsticks should move easily in their sockets and the thickest parts of the drumsticks should be very soft when pressed. Remove the turkey from the oven and discard ingredients from cavity.