Fresh, Handpicked recipes
Creamy and tangy go together famously. That’s why we’re sure you’ll become pretty famous yourself for making this citrus-infused cheesecake.
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 8-ounce package of yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- One 15-ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup orange juice reduction*
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup egg product
- 1 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Temple or Valencia oranges, peeled, sliced, halved and seeded
- Orange peel curls (optional)
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- In a small pan, bring 2/3 cup of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until half the liquid—1/3 cup—remains. Let cool.
- Grease bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the greased area. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until combined. Add ricotta cheese, yogurt, 1/3 cup orange juice reduction, and flour. Beat until combined. Add eggs. Beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into a prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 325° F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until center is nearly set when gently shaken. Cool for 15 minutes; loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more; remove sides of pan. Cool completely and chill for at least 4 hours.
- For glaze: In a small saucepan, combine Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice, water and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cover surface and cool completely.
- To serve, arrange orange slices on top of chilled cheesecake. Stir glaze and spoon some over orange slices. Serve remaining glaze on the side. If desired, garnish with orange peel curls and mint sprigs.