Fresh, Handpicked recipes
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
There’s nothing more fun than a red, white and blue dessert on the Fourth of July. Using Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice in the sauces adds a healthy, natural sweetness.
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind*
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 3 cups rhubarb
- 1 & 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 double pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prepare double pie crust.
- *When making crust from scratch, add the orange rind when you add the water.
- Combine sugar, tapioca, salt, nutmeg, orange juice and rhubarb. Place in pie crust. Top with strawberries and dot with butter. Top with second pie crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.