Fresh Start Power Omelet
It’s a fact: A breakfast that’s rich in protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables can get your mind and body ready for a busy day. Maximize the brainpower value of this omelet by serving it with a piece of whole-wheat toast and a glass of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice.
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped (or 1/4 cup diced lean ham)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 ounce shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook turkey bacon in skillet; add spinach and red bell pepper and sauté for 1 minute.
- Combine eggs and orange juice, mix until smooth, and then add to skillet.
- Cover and cook on low until omelet is firm.
- Sprinkle cheese on omelet, gently fold omelet in half and cook for an additional 30 seconds to melt cheese.