Fresh, Handpicked recipes
Orange Waffles with Fresh Tropical Fruit
Add Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice to your batter to make tasty, crispy waffles that melt in your mouth. Add tropical fruit salsa for a healthy, fresh-picked breakfast.
Fresh Tropical Fruit Salsa Ingredients
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 carambola (starfruit), sliced
- 5 fresh lychees, peeled and quartered
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (optional)
Orange Waffles Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
Fresh Tropical Fruit Salsa Instructions
- Mix together all ingredients and chill until needed.
- Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray and begin preheating.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice, milk, egg, and oil, and stir all ingredients gently until the mixture is moist.
- Pour enough batter onto the waffle iron to cover and close lid.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until waffle is fully done.
- Top waffle with Fresh Tropical Fruit Salsa and serve immediately.