Fresh, Handpicked recipes
Orange Butternut Squash Pie
This is a delicious orange-y twist on a traditional dessert. Once you try this Thanksgiving dessert, you may never settle for pumpkin pie alone.
- 1 & 1/2 cups butternut squash, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 1 cup whipping cream (or half and half)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie crust, either pre-made or from your favorite recipe
- First, cut butternut squash in half, remove seeds and bake at 350° F for about 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Let cool, then scoop out the squash inside and mash with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together until mixed well.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 425° F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for another 40 minutes, or until firm.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until ready to serve.