Fresh, Handpicked recipes
Baked beans are a natural for summertime barbecues. The addition of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice lends this recipe a unique, tangy sweetness.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- Two 28-ounce cans white or red beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup tomato puree (or crushed tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook and drain the chopped bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice, beans, mustard, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce, and stir.
- Add brown sugar and molasses, and mix until brown sugar dissolves. Stir in bacon and transfer to a baking dish.
- Cover and cook until sauce thickens and bubbles slightly, about 1 hour.