Fresh, Handpicked recipes
Years ago, we made this tasty soup from post-Thanksgiving Day turkey. But we loved it so much that we started roasting turkey just to make the soup.
- 4 & 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup packaged dried small-shell macaroni
- One 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups chopped turkey (chicken may be substituted)
- 2 cups Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- Orange slices, halved (optional)
- Herb sprigs (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, water, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and stir in macaroni.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables; return to a boil.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes, or until vegetables and pasta are tender.
- Stir in turkey and orange juice, heat through.
- If desired, garnish with orange slices and herb sprigs.