Orange Mashed Sweet Potatoes
You’ll please every mashed potato lover this Thanksgiving by serving this delicious, lightly spiced sweet potato delight.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup warmed milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Orange zest and candied ginger for garnish
- Put sweet potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and then drain water.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cream cheese, orange juice and milk.
- Slowly mash together with a potato masher or fork until all lumps are gone.
- Mix in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger.
- Serve with a little orange zest and candied ginger on top.