Fresh, Handpicked recipes
This is the perfect make-ahead picnic salad. Citrus-infused, tangy dressing brings out the flavor of sirloin. Pasta, veggies and greens add summertime color.
- 8 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 & 1/3 cups packaged dried tricolor rotini (or other macaroni)
- 1 & 1/2 cups bias-sliced carrots
- 1 & 1/2 medium red or green bell peppers, cut into bite-size strips
- 3/4 cup orange juice reduction
- 4 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- Orange wedges (optional)
- *In a small pan, bring 1 & 1/2 cups of Florida’s Natural® Orange Juice to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until half the liquid—3/4 cup—remains. Let cool.
- Slash fat on the edges of steak at 1-inch intervals, being careful not to cut into the meat. Place the steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Turn and broil for another 6 to 8 minutes (more for medium doneness).
- Cool slightly and cut into thin slices. Place meat in a deep bowl. Add cooked pasta, carrot slices and pepper strips.
- Combine orange juice reduction, salad oil, mustard, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper in a screw-top jar and shake well. Pour dressing over meat, pasta and vegetables. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Divide greens among individual plates. Spoon meat and pasta mixture on top; garnish with orange wedges.